WIC is Breastfeeding Friendly!
Here at WIC, we want to help set you up for successful breastfeeding!
5 Tips for Breastfeeding Success!
- Breastfeed within the first hour. Ask to comfort your baby skin-to-skin soon after birth.
- Room in with your baby. Keep your baby in your room all day and night so you can get to know and watch over your baby. This early time of practicing breastfeeding together is important.
- Breastfeed often, every 1 1/2 to 3 hours. Your milk provides everything your baby needs. No water or other liquids are needed.
- Avoid using a pacifier in the first month. Babies who use a pacifier may not nurse as often. Offer
your breast at the earliest sign of hunger to give your baby as much milk as possible.
- Ask for a telephone number to call for help or support. All breastfeeding questions are important, especially after you go home!
Source: Colorado Can Do 5